2 1/2 cups all purpose flour
1 tsp sugar
1 tsp vegetable oil (plus additional for oiling pan)
1 tsp salt
1 cup lukewarm water
1 tsp instant yeast
1 cup chopped scallions
4 tbsp white sesame seeds
1. In a large bowl, add flour, sugar, oil, salt, water, yeast. Using the dough hook attachment of your stand mixer, combine ingredients until dough comes together and then knead on low speed for 2-3 minutes. Dough will be quite sticky. You can also do this by hand, which is how my mom did it.
2. Lightly grease another large bowl. Gather dough and place into greased bowl. Cover with plastic wrap and let dough rest in a warm place until it doubles in size, about 1 hour.
3. Lightly flour a large pastry board or flat surface. Roll dough out. Spread scallions across surface. Then, roll dough back up, with the scallions folded on the inside (see photos). Form the roll into a spiral. Carefully use the rolling pin on the spiral, rolling and flattening until it becomes a large round disc. (An alternative method: My mother's method was to grease a large plate and roll dough out with scallions directly onto the plate. This method works but you won't have as many layers.)
4. Sprinkle both sides with sesame seeds, so that the exterior has a sesame crust. I used about 2 tbsp per side. Let dough rest for about 20 minutes.
5. Using an oversized pot or pan, add oil and preheat. Once oil is hot, slide your bread into the pot/pan. Cook each side for about 7 minutes on medium high heat until both top and bottom develop a brown crust and the inside is fully cooked. Slice and serve. Bread is best enjoyed warm.
|Know your Telephone Charges|
|Traffic Violations by Civil ID|
|Traffic Violations by Plate Number|
|Pay Your Violations (KNet)|
|Check Residency Information|
|Electricity & water billing inquiry & online payment.|
|Civil ID Enquiry, renewal and Residency information|
|Banking in Kuwait|
|Driving Rules in Kuwait|
|Health Services in Kuwait|
|Educational Facilities in Kuwait|
|Public Transportation in Kuwait|
|Business Rules & Laws|
|Kuwait Labour Law|
|Visa Rules in Kuwait|
Cadet passes out of NDA a..
A cadet, who passed out of the National Defence Academy on Saturday, is nothing short of an inspiration. The cadet, Rajshekhar, managed t..
Here’s How To Identify ...
the number one cause of death are heart attacks. Between stress at home and work, bad food, and an increasingly sedentary lifestyle, heart dis ...
Satya Nadella Success Sto ...
Microsoft was on a hunt for the replacement for its long time CEO Steve Ballmer, a crucial time for the company as the sales were on the slump ...
Kidney Stones Causes ,Tre ...
Kidney stones (renal lithiasis, nephrolithiasis) are small, hard mineral deposits that form inside your kidneys. The stones are made of mineral and ...
Dijesh from Ulikkal, Kann ...
Dijesh, the 26-year old young man from Ulikkal, Kannur, who took up the job of a painter in private firm Kuwait, with a huge responsibility of supp ...